Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Vegas Baby!


Jeff, baby, and I just returned from our first trip to Las Vegas. We really had no idea what we would think of it since we are not huge gamblers, we wouldn't be up late for the night life, and I am preggo. However, we were more than pleasantly surprised at all Vegas had to offer. I am pretty sure anyone could have a great time there. We stayed at the Venetian, which was super posh and beautiful! We felt like total high rollers. In the morning we would sit by the pool, where hotel staff would pass out cucumbers for swollen eyes ( Jeff and I did not require them, since we received plenty of sleep in the city that never sleeps). Then at night, upon returning to our large suite (complete with sunken living room), we would enter a room full of music, low lighting, and even a full bucket of ice. Now that is what I call service! Beyond our wonderful hotel, we enjoyed walking the strip and visiting all the different hotels, where we would play the nickel slots. I won $30.00 on my first try! By the end of the week we were pushing our luck and playing the dollar slots where I got up to $150.00 and decided to let it ride. Oh, I let it ride... all the way to $0. Oh well, we had fun. We also saw the Cirque show "Mystere" and loved it. I think when we go back again we will definitely see at least two shows. All in all, we had a great time and plan to go back again soon!

The baby had a great time on the trip, as well. He/she was always kicking and bumping around, especially on the plane rides. The movements are getting stronger everyday, and now I even notice hard spots on my belly when the baby is sitting in different positions. At this point, the baby is still pretty small ( around 5 1/2 inches long), but is packing a lot of punch. I am nervous to see how active it is and how painful the movements will be when the baby gets bigger. It is pretty emotional and fun having the baby move around in there. I usually say "Hi, baby" or "the baby is awake" whenever I feel movements. I am definitely very attached.

I had my 18 week check-up on Monday, and Dr. Thorton said the baby and I are both doing great! I have gained 10 pounds since my last check-up, and luckily it has all been mostly in my tummy. Jeff and I went to Old Navy last night and bought a couple pairs of pants and a jacket and picked out some more things for my birthday. They have pretty cute stuff and all at good prices. I am looking forward to having some more things to wear soon. I feel like I wear the same things to work all the time. Well, I think that is all we have as far as updates go for right now. More to come...

No comments: