Friday, August 18, 2006

Kicks, bubbles, and flutters

Last week was the first time I thought I felt legitimate baby kicks. Jeff was sure it was gas. I am sticking by my belief that it was kicks, and I am noticing the same feelings more and more these days. Anytime I have a little sugar or a sip of some caffeine I feel little bumps against my tummy. Today I had Schooners for lunch, which is pretty spicy, and now as I am writing this I am feeling little kicks down there. I hope the baby doesn't have heartburn like I do! I make Jeff put his hand on my belly constantly because I really want him to feel those kicks, but he either misses them or gets tired and takes his hand off. He keeps reminding me that we have many more months for him to feel movement, and if we are going to get anything done around the house he is going to need both hands to do so. I try to induce the kicks whenever possible with a sip of Jeff's Mountain Dew or a couple Skittles and sometimes I even try to wish them to happen. Not surprisingly my unborn baby is already stubborn like his or her father and refuses to perform on command. Now don't get me wrong, my husband is definitely an "enjoys the lime light type of guy," but he can be stubborn about other things in life. So please don't take that statement the wrong way because Jeff loves to perform, only his performances come without any command or demand. Jeff only performs when his wife wishes he wouldn't, like in the middle of Gap or WalMart or any other public place that has music playing. Although Jeff has yet to feel any kicks, he is hoping we have a little soccer player on our hands. In light of Jeff's recent soccer injuries, the rest of us would prefer that all the kicking relates to our baby being a fast runner so that he or she can compete in a less dangerous sport.

No comments: