Thursday, August 03, 2006

Pilates


I started back at Pilates today and it was great! It felt so good to be back and it made me realize how much I missed it. Kathy, my instructor, is so knowledgeable and is going to help me do pilates through my whole pregnancy. Right now she has a lady coming in that is 7 months pregnant. I can't imagine doing pilates with a big belly, but apparently it can be done. I am feeling really good these days and have had very little morning/afternoon/or night sickness. I had my 14 week appointment on Monday and the Dr. said everything looks great and the baby's heartrate was perfect. In September we get to go in for our sonogram to find out the gender of the baby and we can't wait! Jeff will be painting the nursery two days later no doubt. The whole thing gets a little more exciting each day. It seems like it has gone by pretty fast so far (knock on wood) and now that I am feeling well I am really starting to enjoy being pregnant. It is fun to have my belly get bigger and it is one of the only times in your life, besides when you are a baby, that being chubby is cute. So I will enjoy it while it lasts for sure. So far I haven't had too many food cravings. I did have Jeff go and get me french onion dip and ruffles chips last night and I had a 8:00PM craving for La Bamba the other night as well, but I really haven't had too many weird or interesting cravings. I am sure I will soon! At this point, our sleeping arrangement is the only thing that has been making me uncomfortable. Jeff and I switched sides of the bed so I could lie on my left side (the side you are supposed to sleep on when preggo) and face out of the bed b/c I felt claustrophobic facing in on my left side. Anyway, it is really weird for both of us to be sleeping on the opposite side and has taken some time to get used to. However, I did purchase a body pillow this past weekend and that has help. Buster for some reason has taken a weird liking to the body pillow and has made that his spot on the bed when he gets up there, which looks absolutely silly and is amusing per Buster's usual.
August is going to be a busy month for us with our wedding anniversary on the 7th, Jeff's 30th b-day on the 10th, soccer tournament the 11-13th, American idol concert on the 20th, and Vegas on the 23rd-26th. Having so much to do this month will hopefully make it go by quickly and get us closer to our sonogram date in September. We will be sure to update you on anything that comes up between now and then as far as the baby goes, but for right now we are going to enjoy some end of the summer fun!
* Belly at 14 weeks

No comments: