Monday, August 21, 2006

First time dad got kicked


Well friends, I hate to say it. Katie was right again.

The baby is kicking. Hard. Our Leonard appears to be quite the active little one, as his or her kicks have become so strong that even I was able to feel the latest series of movements and goings on in the womb. Following breakfast on Saturday morning, Katie was startled at the strength of the kicks she was feeling, and she demanded that I place my hand on her belly yet again. Skeptical as I was, I did as I was told (I'm getting better at that), and, to my surprise, I really did feel a kick. I know what you're thinking....but this was the real deal. A few weeks earlier than expected, our child is kicking. It felt like someone had run his or her thumb across my palm, softly. Being an expert on gas at this point, I can safely rule that possibility out, and I am quite certain that what I felt was a legitimate kick. But don't worry...we've told him or her that there will be no headers until at least age three.

No comments: