Monday, August 14, 2006

First Gifts

Baby Mavros has already received his or her first gifts from the grandparents. Mimi, as my mother has decided she would like to be called, gave the baby a very cute wall hanging for the nursery. Grandma Mavros picked up some great Hilton Head items on her last trip. She purchased a children's book from a local author and a Salty Dog bucket hat that will be perfect for the little one's first trip to the beach.

This past weekend, Jeff and I purchased a very informative and much-needed book that Chris and Beni recommended to help us figure out what we will need to buy before the baby arrives. The book is called "Baby Bargains" by Alan and Denise Fields, and, as the title implies, it gives information on deals to be found on the many purchases that we will be making in the near future. In addition, the book highlights all the best brands and safety ratings, as well as tips on just what purchases are unnecessary. The authors give great advice on where to find the best brands at a discount. We will try our best not to go overboard with frivolous items, but seeing as this is our first baby, I think the grandparents and I--and potentially some others--may have a hard time not wanting to get every cute thing in sight. Luckily and unluckily, I have a husband that will probably keep me from going way overboard, but hopefully he will let me go just a little crazy ( I think I will being doing that with or without his consent, but we will let him try).

No comments: