Sunday, January 28, 2007

Good Night and Good Day

Mom here and feeling well and somewhat rested. Last night was our best night yet. Jeff and I received around 6 hours of sleep, and Lily was eager and ready to eat every time she got up. We were very diligent about keeping her on the UV blanket as much as possible yesterday and last night, and it totally paid off. We took her to the hospital this morning, and her count went from a 15.8 down to 14.1. The doctor wants us to keep her on the blanket for one more day, and hopefully tomorrow he will let us be free from the UV.

Today is Lily's one-week anniversary, and she already is looking so much older and cuter (if that is possible). I am having major neck pain from staring at her all the time. It is funny how Jeff and I can stare at her all day and not even realize it. Every little move she makes, noise, or face is amazing to us. Even her cry is cute.

As for me, it is suprising how quickly I recovered from the long labor. The first day after Lily came I felt like a train had hit me and was not sure how long I would feel so terrible. Jeff had to help me out of bed, and I walked around like an elderly woman and waddled a little like E.T. for a few days. Fortunately, by the end of that first day, much of the pain had subsided and each day has been continually better. Along with feeling less labored, my now deflated jelly belly(very weird right after birth) has gone down a lot, and I can see and reach my feet. Yeah! No more hairy legs or slip on shoes! I can't believe I will be able to wear normal non-maternity clothes soon. I never thought the day would come. It is a very weird feeling to have clothes actually hang off you rather than having you hang out of them.

Dad, besides being sleep deprived, has already morphed into a total super dad. The minute Lily is content and resting with me, dad is at work doing laundry, cooking, cleaning up after us, blogging and attending to his girls' needs. I definitely would not have made it through labor or these last couple of nights without him. Late night struggles with Lily on no sleep were very frustrating, and Jeff was able to keep me sane while getting his little stubborn flower to eat. We forged through together and hopefully have turned a corner with our little boxer, as she is eating without the prior 10 minute boxing matches that required dad to hold her hands as mom tried to get her to latch on. Now we only struggle for about 2 minutes at most, and that helps keep mom sane through the night. Dad is also the expert diaper changer. After some very suprising explosive poop that shot across the bed on our first night home, dad has adapted to the many different scenarios that may occur during the change, such as the aforementioned explosive poop, peeing all over herself during the wiping process, and pooping more after the clean diaper has be been securely replaced. All and all, Jeff has taken on the dad position like he does everything else by giving it his all, and Lily has not been dissappointed yet!

No comments: