Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Almost There

Today I had my 36-week appointment, and Lily and I are still doing well and remain on schedule. The doctor said I looked great. I am still feeling pretty good, but I am very anxious for her to be here at the same time. I have minor aches and pains, but nothing too bad to complain about. We have been very lucky that my pregnancy has gone as smooth as it has. Only a few weeks left and she will be here! Her room is finished and we installed her car seat yesterday. Jeff and I are going to go to the hospital this afternoon to pre-register so that when I do go into labor we won't have to wait. Never too early to be prepared. Work is going very well, and I am almost done with all my club seat renewals for next year. Since Jeff is so on top of things, there is not much "nesting" for me to do at home, so instinct has really kicked in at work and I have created a binder with way too much information for the person that is taking over for me while I am on maternity leave. She probably thinks I am a nut. Either way it makes me feel good to have it done and ready.

We had wonderful Christmas and were spoiled to the max--or should I say Lily was very spoiled. Grandma and Grandpa O'Rourke gave us the curtains, curtain rods, curtain holdbacks, and bed skirt for Lily's room. It looks so cute! Aunt Molly gave Lily a smocked Polo plaid dress and a blue and white polo dress. Of course very cute. Uncle Mike gave us the Baby Bjorn to carry Lily around in, and he gave Lily a cute pink sweater that will go perfect with her smocked dress. Grandma and Grandpa Mavros gave us a camcorder so that we can document Lily as she grows. Jeff has already taped her moving around in my belly! Finally, Aunt Dana built us a cradle with her very own two hands. It is pretty amazing, and I am sure Lily will get a ton of use out it! We are so thankful to have such a loving and excited family. Lily is a lucky baby!!! And she's almost here...

No comments: