Thursday, August 07, 2008

You Complete Me

Today is our 4th wedding anniversary! It feels like our wedding was just yesterday, and at the same time it feels like we have always been together. As cheesy as the line from Jerry Maguire is...we truly do complete each other or more like we compliment each other in lots of ways. I help him relax and he keeps me active. He is logical and I am dramatic. He likes to be silly, and I like to pretend to be serious (so does Lily). I like to write blogs, and he enjoys proofing them. I get lots of aches and pains, and he is good at massages...I didn't say he likes to give them though. :) He likes to drive but is terrible with directions. I hate driving but am an excellent navigator. However, now that we have a Garmin he really doesn't need me anymore. So I hope he likes me for more than my very keen directional skills. All in all, we make a good team and I wouldn't want to be tackling the ups and downs of parenthood or life with anyone else.

He has been the best friend, supporter, teacher, chearleader, husband, and dad to my baby that I could ever ask for. In all our years together he has been there to see me grow and change in so many ways. He was there, standing on that last curve of the track with mom, cheering me on to the best track season I ever had. He was there to help me with my final papers as an IWU student (thank you, Jeff). He has given me support, wisdom, and guidance through the ups, downs, and challenges of my first job. He makes me feel so confident and strong. Receiving a compliment from him on doing something well means more to me than anything else. I look up to him so much and admire what a hard working and intelligent guy he is. I don't think he ever gives himself enough credit. He is my best friend and favorite person to be with, and I think he is very cute too! I look forward to many more years of wonderful life experiences and growing older together!

No comments: