Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Our Sweet Little Baby





Here are a few pictures I captured of Lily in her most precious state, asleep. I love watching her sleep and listening to her breath. I am pretty much always watching her, but being near her when she sleeps is my favorite. When we first moved her to her crib from sharing our bed, I remember crying in the middle of the night because I missed her so much. Months have passed since that time, and I still wake up in the night hoping to hear her make a noise over the monitor. Some nights, like last night, she ends up in our bed, and while it can end up being an uncomfortable night of sleep, I cherish it. When Jeff brings her in and sets her on the bed she crawls right over to me and snuggles in...and then flops around several times. I am usually the lucky one that gets the less floppy end of her in the bed. Unfortunately for Jeff, he ends up getting a heel in the head or the ribs or a whack across the face. Poor Daddy. She apparently needs to be touching both of us, but is not very gentle in going about it. When I become uncomfortable and have to turn my back on her to get my big belly and hips some pain relief I usually end up with two little hands on my side pulling me back around. I always give in and turn back around to cuddle. How could I not when she is pulling and saying, "Mama?" Finally, the best part of sharing the bed with our wild sleeper is the morning. As she always has, she crawls over to her "Da Dee" first and wakes him up. Then she looks at him and says, "Baba? Okay!" Daddy goes down and gets her a baba and then we all snuggle a little more until she is finished. After her thirst is quenched, bright and cheery, her day begins...and she doesn't stop talking or smiling from there. She is endless and constant entertainment, awake or asleep, and I couldn't love her more if I tried.

1 comment:

Jalen James said...

I see she is starting to get more hair! She will have bows in no time!

Jenn Byrd