Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Crafting for Play

I would say I am an artsy person, but I am definitely not so crafty. Thankfully, my mother-in-law is very much the crafty person because I have being dying to learn how to make play food out of felt. Not only is the felt food very cute, but it also is better than buying plastic food and cheaper than buying the wood play food. So I have had my eye on the fun felt food on Etsy.com and on Lily Bean Market, but it gets a little pricey so I figured I would take a go at making some myself. I am glad I had Judy there to guide me through my first efforts, as I would have been a little lost without her. We ended up making these cute little strawberries that I got a pattern for from Bugga Bugs on Esty. Now I am working on little sugar cookies with pink frosting and beads for sprinkles. I hope Lily has as much fun playing with them as we did making them!




2 comments:

Summer said...

how cute! maybe you can show me how to make these sometime :) those strawberries are too cute!

Candy Bello said...

cute strawberries!

:)
candy