Monday, May 19, 2008

Grass Stains








Finally, after days of cold and icky weather we had a nice weekend. On Saturday, Daddy went to Naperville to play volleyball with his buddies, leaving Lily and I to play. In the morning, Ciarra was so nice to come over and watch Lily while I went to pilates with Mimi. After pilates, Ciarra, Lily, and I made our way to downtown Bloomington for the first farmer's market of the summer. Unfortunately, Lily was not really in the mood to check out the local goods, so our trip did not last long. Not surprisingly, she fell asleep in the car on the way home. We dropped Ciarra off and I headed straight for Mimi and Papa's hoping that Lily would continue her slumber long enough for me to relax in the sun for a few minutes. Thankfully, I got her inside and on the family room couch and I got changed and out in the sun very quickly. It was the first day that I really got to enjoy their new pool. It was so nice! Lily took a long nap and I floated in the pool with Mimi. After her nap she came out and enjoyed the pool as well. She thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the pool deck and pulling helicopters out of the trap. After swimming, Lily sat inside with Papa and watched the Cubs game while I was able to continue to enjoy the sun. Thanks, Papa!

Sunday was not a day of rest at our house. After a few morning errands, Jeff got to work on mowing the grass, trimming bushes and trees, and cleaning gutters. Inside, Lily and I played and made lunch. After lunch we went outside and played in the backyard (pictured above). She loved it. She especially loved playing with and breaking sticks. As you can see, Buster wanted to share sticks with her as well.
It wasn't the easiest weekend with Lily, as she is getting more teeth. She was in a fairly good mood for most of the time, but she definitely had her moments...including a premature departure from the farmer's market and one from meeting Chris, Beni, and Olivia for ice cream last night. It has also made her bed time a lot later, as she is fighting off going to bed. She did sleep pretty well last night, minus her short time with us at 3:30 a.m. for more Tylenol and some TLC. When she returned to bed, she stayed there until 7:30 a.m., which was great. Hopefully, the pain from those new teeth will go away soon. She now has four top front teeth and will have four bottom front teeth by the end of the week and two molars popping through in the back.
BABY UPDATE:
Nothing new to report. I am 23 weeks along, feeling good, looking bigger, and on track for my due date. No name for her yet, but I think we are getting closer. :)

1 comment:

Ciarra M. Kohn said...

I had fun playing with Lily and will watch her anytime! She is so adorable . . .