Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Little Behind on the Blogging

It has been a quick and crazy past two weeks, and I apologize for not updating the blog sooner. Everything with the baby and me is still going well. My belly is enormous, and I think Lily is really ready to get out of there. Her room is coming together and looking cute. We hung the mobile that Melissa and Ryan gave us, and her rug came in last week. Now we are just waiting on her dresser, which should be here right after Christmas. Grandma O'Rourke is putting the finishing touches on the room as our gift for Christmas. She purchased the curtain rods, curtains, and crib skirt for Little Lily. I can't wait to get it all up and see the finished product.

In other Mavros news, Jeff and I were models for OSF St. Joseph Hospital last week. Poor Jeff, neither of us had any idea what we were getting into when I agreed to do this. OSF owns a suite at the Coliseum and their suite contact, Mickey, called me and said he needed a favor. He said that they needed a pregnant woman for some photos, and it would be great if I could lend my belly and convince my husband to join me...otherwise they were willing to find me a substitute husband, which I've only considered once or twice before this anyway. So I called Jeff, and he agreed to do it and figured that it would be a good opportunity to receive a tour of the labor/delivery unit while we were there. I called Mickey to tell him we were in, and he said that he would have the tour set up for us when we got done with the photos. We arrived at St. Joe's around 3:00 p.m. and met Mickey and the photographers. As they started to describe what they wanted to capture, I realized that this was going to be more than just photos of Jeff and I sitting around talking to doctors. I guess I should have asked before I agreed. They had me get into a hospital gown and lay in bed while Jeff stood next to me and gazed lovingly into my eyes. It was very professional with lots of lights and even some props (flowers, cards, and bears by the window). They had us set up in the dorkiest poses. Jeff had to hold my hand and kiss it or put his hands on my belly as we both looked at my bump. My favorite was when they had him make an amazed looking face like the baby was kicking and he had just felt it. Jeff, as you know, is a great actor and pulled it off very well. I had a hard time because I couldn't stop laughing. We both felt so stupid. We finished up and got our tour, and we were out the door around 5:15 or so, just in time to run a few errands. Jeff and I reveled in our grocery shopping that night, as we knew it would one of the last times we could make a trip to the store without being mobbed for our autographs.

Last week I worked on club seat renewals (everyday all day), and I am still chugging away at those. Thankfully, many people have enjoyed their club seats and have decided to renew for next year, which means I have less to try to sell before the football season begins. At this point I am in my nesting phase at work. I am trying to get everything set up for when I am on maternity leave. As long as she doesn't come too early I think I will have plenty of time to have the club members settled and organized and train one of our other staff members on the ins and outs of premium seating.

I have my 34-week appointment tomorrow, and we have a few holiday parties to attend this week and Christmas stuff all weekend. Soon it will be January and time for Lily to meet everyone!

No comments: