Thursday, December 07, 2006

First Showering of Lilian



This past weekend we had our first baby shower up in Elgin. All Jeff's mom's favorite lady friends were there to shower Lily with wonderful gifts. It was so much fun to see all of them, and the shower was so beautiful and perfect. Lily received many cute things, including lots of darling outfits, a yellow cozy blanket made with love by grandma, an amazing rocking horse made by Uncle Dave, and a tea cup from Lily's great grandma Mavros. Lily's mom also received a fun gift from Aunt Dana. Dana found a chic maternity shirt that says, " Does this baby make me look fat?" It is super cute, and I can't wait to wear it. After the shower, grandma O'Rourke, great grandma Williams, Jeff and I returned to Bloomington where we unpacked everything and looked at it all over again. Jeff even put together the swing that grandma O'Rourke and Aunt Molly bought for her. We can't wait for her to be here and dress her up in all the cute clothes, read her the books she has received, and play with her. Not too much longer!!!

Today I had my 32-week check-up, and thankfully everything still looked great! I am still measuring right on my due date, and little Lily's heartbeat was loud and strong! Luckily, I am still feeling (for the most part) pretty well. I am definitely a lot bigger, which makes moving around and getting comfortable a little more difficult. Jeff has been great at hoisting me up off the couch and bed. Soon we will need a crane. Other than that there is not much to report on the baby front. She is still frequently wiggling and rolling around and sometimes kicking me a little too hard. I have two more appointments on the 2-week-between-appointment schedule, and then I will start going every week!

It is getting very exciting!!!

No comments: