Thursday, October 05, 2006

23 Weeks

Belly at 23 weeks. As you can see from my previous picture to this one my belly button has now popped out. I am feeling really good right now and little Lily is still kicking away. Every night she does some sort of acrobatics in my belly that Jeff gets to feel. As soon as he starts talking the show begins as he places his hands on my stomach and I get pummeled from the inside. Then in the mornings I wake up to a hard knot of baby sticking out of one side of my belly. I love putting my hands on her when she does this because I can really feel her moving and swishing around. I can't wait for the day that we see a hand or foot sticking out!

Jeff and I are making progress on Lily's room with the recent addition of her crib, stroller, and new comforter for the daybed that will stay in the nursery. We have a had a lot of fun planning for all the things we need to get for her room before she gets here. We have yet to pick out bedding that we love and will possibly have it made. We were picturing a toile fabric for the bumper and actually found the perfect pink toile at the fabric store the other day. So we are playing around with the idea that we may just have the bumper and bed skirt made. How spoiled is this child already? Jeff will probably order the dresser in a couple of weeks and we will start registering soon. Being the super organized couple that we are, we of course already have a list and have a had a list for a long time now of the different items that she will need. Hockey season starts next week and I will start to get really busy with work so we plan to try and register this weekend if we aren't too tired from all the I.W.U. homecoming festivities.

You may have noticed that I have been referring to the her as Lily still. We still like this name the best, but there is a chance that it will change. The response to the name so far has been very positive and everyone seems to be referring to her as Lily already. Lily has received a plethora of gifts from her loving family already. Her favorite aunt on the Mavros side has given her a darling outfit with matching hat, onesies, and blanket. While her other favorite aunt, Molly, is weaving her a pale pink blanket and given her her first ornament. Both Grandmas are doing there best to spoil her with clothes, stuffed animals, and anything cute that they come across. She is going to be a very loved and spoiled daughter, niece, and grandchild!

No comments: