Tuesday, September 05, 2006

1st time pregnancy worries


So far, I have been pretty calm about all the aches, pains, twitches, and sick feelings I have experienced during pregnancy. All the changes are weird and make me worry a little, but I usually get over it pretty fast by reading in my books about the different symptoms or the symptoms pass after a short while and I know that it is just part of pregnancy. Today, however, was my first scary experience that led to a call into Dr. Thorton's office. I was sitting in our staff meeting and all of sudden I started to feel dizzy and my vision and hearing became blurry. I knew right away that I was about to pass out so I excused myself from the meeting and went to my office where I sat down and put my feet up. I then broke out in a terrible sweat. Soon it passed and I felt a little better, but a little concerned as well. With no book at arms reach to tell me whether this incident was normal, I decided to call a nurse to make sure it was not anything to worry about. Luckily, the nurse told me that I just had not eaten enough and that my baby is growing so much right now I need to make sure I am eating more and more often. It was a hectic morning and all I had eaten was an English muffin with peanut butter, which I figured would tide me over until I found something more substantial, but apparently it did not. I have learned my lesson and will be sure to make more for breakfast every morning.

* belly at 19 weeks

No comments: